Saturday, August 12, 2006

Yasmin ain't gettin' married after all...

Thank God that appalling dross is off the air. And completely wiped from the face of the planet, too! Even this link doesn't work anymore!

This one was plagued from word one, I reckon. And rightly so. It really is the most distasteful concept. And there was another one of those professionals behaving badly! Who was that "relationship counsellor"? How dare she call herself that in this context. If a single person came to her looking to solve her loneliness issues, would her professional advice be to go on a television show? Of course not. Anyway, the argument against Dr Phil goes equally for this unconscionable character!

Not for nothing, the rest of the panel was little better. Anything involving the incredibly ordinary Matt Hardy is pushing it up hill to begin with. Jo Stanley, I must say, I find entertaining and a bit of a spunk. Maybe she has a thing for carrying untalented Matt's, given her day job. But even her talents couldn't save this stinkbomb.

Am I the only one who noticed the very early teaser ads for "Rene Is Getting Married". Maybe Rene saw the writing on the wall and wisely scarpered.

Anyway, I've given this steaming pile enough of my precious key strokes. I'm glad it's gone. It restores a certain amount of my faith in the viewing public, that this - for now, at least - is a line we're not willing to cross. Phew!

0 Comments: