Monday, August 14, 2006

peter gabriel videos...

We just found the Sledgehammer video clip, the Peter Gabriel song, on Limewire. I always liked his stuff. Is it true he died? I thought he did, but what do I know :)

C had suggested that those crazy arse videos of his were the early work of one Nick Park, or Wallace and Gromit fame. I'd never heard such a thing, but that doesn't mean anything and her instinct on such trivialities is usually pretty reliable.

Sure enough, I was watching the video just now and I reckon she's right. I'm having difficulty getting a screen capture up, but there are these little clay dodge 'em cars at one point and their little mouths are classic Aardman mouths! A couple of other scenes look very much like that kind of stereotypical, almost satirical English loungeroom that the W&G has down pat.

If I can get caps up, i'll do it. But in the meantime, I'm calling it for the affirmative. Nick Park did the Gabriel videos! Very cool :)

0 Comments: