Friday, August 04, 2006

my cat is crazy...

Well, if she is, its cos I made her that way :)

We have two cats. One we adopted together about six months ago. The other I got as a kitten when I bought my unit almost eight years ago. (It wasn't until just before C came along that a friend pointed out that I was single, living alone with a cat. We comtemplated trying to pull with the old, "my friend thinks he's gay and wants you to save him" line, but mercifully, we thought better of it!)

I think she was happy alone with me. She gave all the signs... lots of sitting on my lap purring, lots of sleeping beside me at night. That kind of thing. Lately her life has changed considerably and it wasn't her choice and she probably lacks the reasoning skills to make sense of it.

Firstly, this other person came along and took her side of the bed. Took her all of five minutes to accept her. C is definitely a cat person, so no real dramas there.

Then we got the other cat. A ginger tomcat, who wasn't neutered I might add. Although she's basically an indoors cat, my little girl has got out once or twice over the years, so I can't say for sure she was "inexperienced", but she certainly isn't now! I hadn't actually heard cats having sex before. The noise woke me up and I knew it was the cats so I went looking for them and there they were :)

Not too long after that we got the boy cut and it stopped almost immediately. Which begs the question, is she mad that I brought brought this male upon her, or that I took it away? :)

0 Comments: