Monday, August 14, 2006

a favourite journalist...

I like Matt Price.

Generally, journalists don't float my boat at all. My view of that profession is that the content should speak for itself. All I ask of the writer is to keep it neutral and keep it moving. From that starting point I'll then make my own assessment of their impartiality and readability.

Mostly they fail on at least one of those crtiera. Some are coming from a particular standpoint, which would be cool, by the way, if they weren't trying to make out they're not. Others are just plain dull. It's rare to find someone entertaining to read and paradoxically, I know, someone whose writing is so unobtrusive that I can hardly tell they're there.

His writing style is conversational, which is my personal preference. Most of the time his coloumns sound to me just like transcripts from The Insiders! Anyway, I've just read this one and felt like saying I like his work :)

0 Comments: