Friday, August 11, 2006

remembering babies

Today is a rather odd sort of a day for C and I. Today was the due date for the pregnancy we lost at about six weeks or so.

Of course six weeks doesn't sound far in. And it isn't really. Most folk are only just starting to think "hmm, I'm a little bit late" by then. But you see ours was IVF, so we knew about it from day one. There was a time I'd have really liked to believe that it is worse to miscarry an IVF pregnancy than a regular one. After all, for us it just means another costly few months of emotional roller coasters and painful procedures. Whereas for those without such issues, they just get to jump back in the sack, right?

Of course, that's not right. Actually it's very wrong and hurtful of me to even think it. My sincere apologies to anyone reading this who has miscarried a naturally concieved pregnancy. Your experience could not possibly be any less painful than ours.

More on IVF as we get closer to our next treatment cycle. But I wanted to tell you about one bonus that normal folks don't get. It's the really cool baby photos! We've disposed of the photos of the zygotes that haven't gone forward, but I've seen them all at the eight cell stage. It's the most amazing sight. I can't wait for the successful one. I'm gunna be flashing around zygote pictures. Eat my dust, fertile people! All you have are those mundane eight-week ultrasounds :P

Well, okay, they're pretty funky too :)

Geez, I'm ready to be a dad!!

0 Comments: