Sunday, September 10, 2006

a trekkie and a cyber stalker...

Yep, that's me!

I can't remember where - some blogroll somewhere, I imagine - but I tripped over a link to Wil Wheaton's blog the other day. It's pretty funny. Now, just to really tip my geekness over the top, he's started writing reviews of TNG eps like this one, for a TV blogsite called TV Squad.

His blog displays an enjoyable writing style. It's just self-deprecating enough to make it light, without coming over as needy, lacking in self-esteem or fishing for a compliment. And honest it would seem, about his family life. That's a refreshing trait in anybody these days. I'm not one to be caught up in the cult of celebrity - far, far from it (just ask C!). And from reading this blog, it seems he isn't either. So, kudos to you, Wil Wheaton!

Now, there is one thing. He uses this word 'grok'. In context it seems to be something like 'understand'. As in "my dog doesn't grok that this is my side of the bed", for instance. Does anyone know this bit of lingo?

UPDATE: Ah, now I grok it. Check this site and tell me if you think I'm using grok correctly in that sentence :) I'm not sure! It seems very nuanced!

0 Comments: